- Why Arabic? BDB dictionary, many connections, circular learning trajectory: Hebrew —> Arabic —> Hebrew.
- My credentials: 4th year Arabic student, teacher as student, able to connect to Hebrew and the cultures.
- Students’ advantage: 1. Familiarity with Hebrew (phonetic alphabet unlike English, right to left script, grammar and vocab on many levels; 2. Ability to pronounce the English th (both “that” and “think”), J, emphatic T…
- The students’ role: attendance, work outside class, flexibility, helping me become a better teacher – this is a pilot class. I need your help to make this better.
Practice reading Hebrew Yemenite style.
Alif Baa – Chapter 1
Dunash ben Lavrat etc
Arabic Jewish cantillation + music
Elmer Berger’s travelog
- Maimonidean Studies Vol. 4, Yeshiva University
- Main 181.06 M223
- Ruth Ben Meir (Hebrew) on Ben Tibbon